LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rachana (rachana)     13 April 2013

Step mother torture and incompetant father

I am Rachana aged 40 yrs, married with 2 kids. My  mom died in mysterious circumstances(poisoning case) in 1974 leaving me and two sons on my either side. Father remarried in 1976 and erased all traces of my mom and his first marriage. My youngest bro was adopted by my dad's elder brother who later got their children and he(37 yrs and married with 2 kids) now feels thrown out from adopted parents and is an unwelcome guest to my dad. My eldest brother(43 yrs with 3 kids) is on my step mom's side fearing dire consequences in property allotments for my step mom controls my dad and wants properties distributed only to her 3 children. Mine and my elder brother's records show that our step mom is our real mom. She never did anything for me and being a girl with inefficient dad and selfish brothers I had seen peaks of step mom torture. And today she is not allowing any property to come to me. My own brothers are not with me fearing loss of little property they were promised. Above all, my father says sorry that he can not go beyond their words and I feel totally helpless now. Is there anything I can get from my dad in legal way. All I had from my father's place had been step mom torture.

regards,

Rachana

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 April 2013

If it is your father's self acquired property then you cannot do anything. Your father has every right to give his properties to anybody of his choice during his lifetime (though his choices may be dictated by his wife ).

S P SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     13 April 2013

If you can prove thatn the property in question is ancestral property or has been purchased or developed from the money  partly or fully got from sale of ancestral property, then you can do a lot to get your share equal to your brother.

S P SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     13 April 2013

If you can prove thatn the property in question is ancestral property or has been purchased or developed from the money  partly or fully got from sale of ancestral property, then you can do a lot to get your share equal to your brother.

rachana (rachana)     14 April 2013

Thanks for the advice madam.

With no one to help me including my husband in taking on my stepmom and his empire, I only have to give up. Trust in God and hail the law books which have no justice to step children especiallly the girl child.

anyways thanksa madam

regards,

Rachana

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register