Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajit (special secretary)     15 June 2013

Status after marriage

Dear sir,

One of my friends is tailor by caste belongs to himachal. This caste in himachal comes under SC  category.  His wife is also tailor by caste from punjab.  This caste comes under BC category in punjab.  After marriage about 20 years ago she got a SC certificate from himachal on the basis of her husband and got job at chandigarh in 1993. Now her department says tht she cannot claim herself as SC  because tailoring class in punjab or chandigsrh comes under BC category though it comes under SC in himachal where her husband belongs.

Kindly advise what to do now? Is there any law regarding this that can her department wake up after 20 years?

Ajit singh randhawa

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

Department is right in saying that the wife in question cannot avail of advantages given under SC.These schedule caste are subject to change as per the state schedule caste list.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ranee....... (NA)     15 June 2013

Actually the SC certificate is a fake one.

ajit (special secretary)     17 June 2013

Dear Sir

I think  I was not able to explain my point.  The thing is like that - one BC (tailoring class) girl marries to a boy who is having a domicile of himachal but belongs to a tailoring class (this caste is SC in himachal).  After marriage, she also becomes a resident of himachal.  My point is that if her caste comes under SC in himachal, why cant she be treated as SC because after marriage her caste is not going to be changed.  Only caste's status is changing.  You see, if Supreme Court says that if A caste is a SC in one state and  one person from A caste starts living in another state where his caste comes under BC, he will be treated as BC and not SC in the other state.  Similarly, why a person from B caste which comes under BC in one state, if starts living in another state where his caste comes under SC, why he cannot be given the status of SC.  It is as simple as that.  If you can snatch his status for not giving him caste benefit, why cant he be given benefit in other state where his caste is treated as lower caste.  Now kindly guide.

If you think proper  kindly also read

1.  Supreme Court of India   (FILE ATTACHED)

Bench: B Kumar, A Kumar

CASE NO.:

Appeal (civil) 4684 of 2001

PETITIONER:

Chandigarh Administration and Anr.

RESPONDENT:

Surinder Kumar and Ors.

DATE OF JUDGMENT: 27/11/2003;    and

2.      State of Uttarachal   v.    Sandeep Kumar Singh 2010(12) SCC 794, Civil Appeal 4494 of 2006 decided on 7.10.2010 

Thanks]

Ajit Singh Randhawa

Attached File : 816935741 sc judgment on reservation 2.pdf downloaded: 85 times

(Guest)

@Querist,

Probably,you have missed the line in judgement-

"It is also clarified that a Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe person who has migrated from the State of origin to some other State for seeking education, employment etc. will be deemed to be Scheduled Caste/ScheduledTribe of that State and will be entitled to derive benefit from the State of origin and not from the State inwhich he has migrated."

Also,the fact remain un-noticed by you that appeal faild in the judgement.

Secondly,Schedule means declared by a State and this may vary State to State. It's not the matter of snatching the based upon the reasonable classification.

Also you can go through this kind of topic discussed in one of our earlier thread.Search for 'Reservation benefit'.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

[Last Reply to this thread]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register