Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     05 April 2010

Stamping in mandatory

Dear everyone.,

Please confirm me whether stamp duty is required to be paid on agreements/contracts printed on Company letter head?

Learning

9 Replies

Amogh Masur (Lawyer)     05 April 2010

Dear Mr. Basavaraj,

Agreements/Contracts are to be stamped and registered depending on the type of agreement/contract. Please be clear on what type of agreement/contract is being made, i.e., for what purpose.

Amogh Masur, Advocate, Karnataka High Court.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     06 April 2010

when u use the word agreement/contract, than it should be execute on Rs. 100/- stamp paper.

1 Like

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     07 April 2010

Dear Mr.Amogh Masur

Thanks for your reply:

Further some question:

Can I print business agreements on my company letter head?

Whether the same can be admissible as primary documentary evidence before court of law?

Is there any bar printing business agreements on company letter head?

Please exchange your experts  

Suresh CSLLM (Service)     07 April 2010

In generall parlance, LETTER HEAD means printed letter with name, address and logo of a company. Its not a practice to have a 'agreement' on letter head. However you can put name of a Company on header / footer on every page.

Generally letter head is used for authenticity of communication from a coumpany to other party. An agreement is bilateral and its signify arriving on some understanding between two parties.

Irrespective of papers being used in agreement, its liable for stamp duty depeding upon the nature of document and state stamp laws.

Suresh

1 Like

ambrish (service)     27 March 2011

It can be used for a collateral purpose only...

Bilal Khan (Manager Finance)     19 May 2011

Where the stamp paper should be used in agreement? Should it first page of the agreement or the last page of the agreement?

Reshma (Legal Consultant)     27 May 2011

It should be the first page of the agreement.

rashmi_2010 (Advocate/Corporate Consultant)     15 July 2011

business contract need not be on stamp paper always. It can be printed in normal pappers wherein both the Parties authorised signatories should sign with company seal

Manish Singh (Advocate)     22 August 2011

it must be stamped as per the prescribed stamp duty in the schedule of your state stamp act. its mandatory. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register