Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More



  Dear All,

While filing ST3 return, should I mention hte details of Service Tax paid by me to claim Input Credit later. I am registered with the Deparmtent from 1st April 2008. I have till date not provided any services so my ST3 would be NIL. In this case, should i still mention the details of ST paid by me..???? Tq.


 4 Replies

tarun goyal (Govt. service)     23 April 2009


first of all please clarify , when u are not a service provider why have u got registration with the de[partment? secondly, if u are paying S.T on receipt of service, then you can not file nil return. thirdly, if u have paid service tax then u can take credit immediately, but that can be used in payment of service tax.


 We were likely to fall within the ambit of ST and hencde we got registered.

We dont mind using the credit for service tax payment, but should i mention those input credit in ST3. as till date i have not provided any services ST3 is NIL....

tarun goyal (Govt. service)     24 April 2009


please don't make haste. ST provisions provide for registration within 30 days of becoming eligible to pay servioce tax. i.e from the day your services are liable for ST. secondly, u can take service tax credit only on inputs which are used in relation to output service only. so, as per ur problem i understand when u have not provided any service why u aplied for registration? and why u have started filin nil ST-3. there was no need at all for this. u may file return onlly when u start providing services and also take credit only then. for more contact

tarun goyal (Govt. service)     24 April 2009

please correct my email .spell check

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query