Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Sra and builder misleaded us.

Under SRA scheme if I want shop then following documents are required:

1)ration card dated before 01.01.1995

2)gumasta license

3)light bill  of L/LF-2 dated before 01.01.1995

We have ration card only. But we have the tax CHALAN of that shop paid on 5 may, 1995 and which was due for 1994-1995.

The builder gave us transit camp as a shop while construction period.

Now builder and society is giving us ground floor flat for settlement. The society is not giving us NOC for business and the chairperson is not giving us RC(resident cum commercial) for making that flat semi-commercial.

Is there any possibility that if we filed a case against them for commercial shop we can win.  And the tax CHALAN can be used as evidence that we using that place as shop since 1994-1995. And it could be possible that tax CHALAN will in the capacity to replace gumasta license and L/LF-8 bill as evidence in court of law.



 1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 September 2011

There is no possibility to run commercial activity in the residential area only because you are running the shop since 1994-95 which is evidence by way of a receipt of tax. As law has totally changed so there i sno use to go to court for this purpose, if society is not permitting you to do so.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register