LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar R. (Executive)     10 September 2009

Specific Query on- Revised Return for F.Y. 2007-08

Very specific Query about revised return filing. Please Reply.

1. Original return for for F.Y. 2007-08 was filed on 25/07/2008. Can it be revised now. If yes upto which date. Is it 31/03/2010 OR 31/03/2009 OR any other date.

 2. If ITR-1 is used to file the original return, Can revised return be filed in ITR-2 showing STCG which was missed out in ITR-1 original return.

Please reply fast.

Thanks in advance..


 5 Replies


 Mr. Kumar,

You can revised your IT return upto 31/03/2010 and you can change the IT form too, but at the time of assessment you have to satisfied the A.O. for the reason of change of the respective IT forms


Kumar R. (Executive)     10 September 2009

Thankyou sir.

Will It be compulsarily picked for scruitiny? Suppose STCG amount is 8000 rs only. How much penalty/intrest i have to pay while filing ITR2.


shweta (article)     11 September 2009

Mr kumar ,

you can file return upto 31.03.10 i.e one year from the expiry of A/Y or before the assessment made by A.O whichever is earlier.

and also in regard of your another query  you can submit revised return by using ITR-2



Kumar R. (Executive)     11 September 2009

How to know whether assesment is completed by A.O. or not.


Vineet (Director)     13 October 2009

Mr Kumar, your return is for AY 2008-09 and filed the original return within due date. Hence you are entitled to revise your return by 31-3-2010. In your case had your return been picked for scrutiny, you would have received notice u/s 143(2) by 30-9-2009. If you have not received any such notice, rest assured your case has not been picked for regular scrutiny. Anyway, there is nothing wrong in honestly paying your due taxes. So go ahead and file the revised return.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register