LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GautamN   15 April 2018

Society denying share certificates

Hi I am a resident and flat owner of a housing society at Ahmedabad. Recently our managing committee has started the process of distributing share certificates when i have gone and asked for mine they said that they will not issue it as i have a Chajja (temporary structure) in balcony which is against the society rules. 

I told them that Chajja is to safeguard from rain/sunlight and both the matters are entirely different. There are other members also with Chajja, I requested them to treat both the matters differently but they are not listening or even ready to understand.

Sir need your kind advise as am left dejected. Are they right in doing so? Can they be this authoritative and deny the basic rights?

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 April 2018

Whatever the reasons the Society cannot deny you the share certificates. You may take up the matter with the Registrar.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 April 2018

1.  File written complaint before the office of ward's Deputy Registrar of cooperatives.

2.  ALSO file grievance petition before the  Consumer Court.

3.  ALSO can file Criminal Complaint before Police, for Harassment, Intimidation, Threatening.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register