Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

sir my sister are not giving back my dad shares papers documents

for the last 1 months before my sister taking my shares papers but she didn't giving back my paper now what i can file a complaint
that i get back my dad shares papers from my sisters
Retired employee.

Now, the shares are not being kept in material form and the presumption is that she is having possession of some shares belonging to your father in physical form.  There is a laid down procedure for share transfer and it is impossible to her to get the shares transferred in her name alone.  Contact a local advocate and give her a notice demanding for production of all such property deeds in her possession, as you are also the legal heir and co-sharer of your deceased property.  However if your father has executed a will in her name, she has to reply to your notice those facts.



The posting suggest deeper issues. Please post complete facts.


Dear Mr Kathuria, 

The wordings of your query are very confusing. But what I could understand from your query is that your sister had taken your shares document and now she is not returning them. Follow these simple steps :-

1. Request your sister to give back the documents. Tell her that if she does not give the documents within 24 hours you will report the matter to police. Try and involve some senior member of your family to resolve the issue. If resolved, good. 

2. If she does not give it back, write a complaint to the police telling about the nature of documents and that they have been taken illegally by your sister. The police will themselves get you documents. 

3. If the police does not act on your complaint, write a reminder and send the reminder along with original complaint to Superintendent of Police (SP) of your area. Send through registered post and keep the postal receipt. Also download the tracking report. 



Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, At Chandigarh


Disclaimer :- opinion is only for guidance. 


Retired employee.

She is your only sister, avoid conflicts and request friends and relatives the likely repercussions due to her retaining such shares of your father.  Hope someone will convince her that her pursuits are useless and she should necessarily account for it today or tomorrow.


If your sister is trying to play mischief on you with a greedy intention to grab the entire properties of yor father, then you can adopt legal steps to ensure your rights are protected through a court of law.

You may ascertain the issues properly and consult a local advocate for all such further reliefs. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x