LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Signed cheque

One of the company have asked me to mail signed cheque with date and balance box empty.

I have only sent it online and still have the hard copy of it with me ,will it create any problem later if i break my employment bond.

Learning

12 Replies

Ajay dongaonkar   31 May 2023

besides check their is other terms and conditions also in ur contract with ur company if we only think about check than then their no problem

the serious players Singh   31 May 2023

I have not received the agreement and bond yet, and only worried about blank signed cheque which I have issued via gmail only 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     31 May 2023

If you are worried about the soft copy issued by you that is not valid, if they want to file complaint  under NIA 138 they need the original instrument.. SInce they have not the original so you need not to worry. They can do nothing on photo copy.

Thankyou @Real Soul , this info relieved me. So they cannot file case and extort absurd money from me. I was frightened because 138 is a criminal offence

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     31 May 2023

No they cannot file case on photo copy, for filing compliant they need to present the original cheque to bank for payment and only after refusal of payment the bank will issue memo on original chedue not for any photo copy. Just  forget about it

Thanks man @Real soul

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 June 2023

You give signed balnk cheque to them.  Thereby you are giving them licese to fill any date and any amount in favour of anyone any time. This paving passage to Jail.

the serious players Singh   01 June 2023

But i haven't given them cheque in original, i have only mailed them scanned cheque 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2023

Your worries in this connection is due to your misinterpretation of law.

Nobody can misuse the scanned copy of the duly signed blank cheque sent through email .

Thus instead of unnessarily worrying over imaginary concept better ignore such fears.

1 Like

the serious players Singh   03 June 2023

Thankyou sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2023

You are welcome 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     05 June 2023

Court can't  take cognizance  of cheque bouncing case on scanned copy of blank cheque so do not worry.it will not create  any problem to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register