LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   07 October 2017

Sho directed to submit report; should i meet sho

Hi. I've filed a divorce case in Delhi court (cruelty and desertion) as we were living in Delhi immediately after marriage and as husband and wife, we lived in Delhi only. But my wife (to be ex-wife in future hopefully) home is in Bihar. My elders home is also in Bihar and marriage happened there only.

Now in divorce case, her lawyer appeared after notice and orally said that my whole case happened in Bihar and nothing happened in Delhi. The Court passed an order directed the SHO of the area (where I lived with my wife in Delhi) to make enquiries on this question and submit a report.

My doubt is this. Should I go and meet the SHO personally? Earlier, about two month back I had given a certfied copy of the order with covering letter to the SHO to do the needful according to the order.

The date is next week and till now, nobody from police has even come to my house or neighbour hood to made any inquiries. Will it be proper if I meet SHO? Pelase understand I don't want to bribe or anything. I only want to politely know if he has made any inquiries and if he is submitting a report before next date or not? Will the Court take it as my illegal attempt to influcence police by me?


 1 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     07 October 2017

You may produce rent agreement, any bill in your name or in the name of wife to prove your residence at Delhi. You by meeting SHO can provide the documents to prove that after marriage you and your wife lived in Delhi and also to prove your address. Sidharth 9811776422

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query