Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhavan Namboothiri.M (Joint Director)     20 November 2015

Sexual harassment

Dear All,

I am working as the Head(Adm&Legal) of a Central Govt Autonomous dept. (Salary for employees has to be  generated the centre itself, only small grant will be given by Govt) Recent OM says reduction in expenditure in all fields. In the Adm. section as part of this reduction in expenditure decided relive one lady staff outsourced through an agency for one year contract for a temporary assignment of serving tea during canteen off time(T-square area). Head of the Centre has given in writing that, "she may be relived". Suddenly she questioned this and thinking that myself, Head(Adm), behind this relieving, she orally and later in writing given a complaint to grievance officer that , one day evening 2 months back, at about 6 o'clock(T-square is up to 7 p.m, office hours upto 5.30 p.m only)myself "caught her hand" " I did not complain due to fear of loss of job, and now I am about to loose the job, hence complaining, " -(that is all- nothing more, no advancement) at the T-square area and she protested to it and due to this only she is relieved. This is false allegation. Such an incident has not happened. She a lady of more than 55 years. . she was relived 10 days back on 04/11/15, complaint was given 10 days after relieving 13/11, but allowed to continue two more weeks, till a new job is identified by somebody for her.

Myself, M.Namboothiri,basically a graduate in Engineering, 58 years, passed out in 1979, 35 years service in the Centre at various levels, carrying out project, Head, Joint Director, Civil, Purchase etc is now heading Adm& Legal after acquiring LL.B. LL.M (criminal) is also completed. Desires to practise at the earliest by taking VRS( 2 years left behing). Son is MBBS doctor trying MD, daughter is BHMS student, and house wife, as family back ground to explain.

How can I escape from this false allegation? Who is to prove false allegation in Sexual harassment. What evidence she should produce? There are "some" people(permanent staff), so called union people behind her in all these ( no union is recognised or allowed in the centre, govt of india rules), Can I bring them to light and sue them for criminal conspiracy 120A&B, Can criminal case be filed for defamation around the centre by her and the "some" people?, Lawful activities of a public servant IPC 167, 168 etc are thwarted by a false allegation. Could you provide few case laws, where such false & frivolous compalaints are heard by Supreme Court and decided.? sincere regards


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query