Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavya Mahesh   22 October 2019

Settlement of personal loan

hi

I had a personal loan in one of the bank and I was paying in EMI in December 2017 i had a surgery and during that surgery due to medical negligence i had lost movement and sensation and now the bank had filed a suit for Recovery and they are asking for settlement where as the amount what they say is huge can some one help me to settle this or help me to reschedule the EMi.

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     22 October 2019

Only the bank can help you. Please approach bank with your proposal.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 October 2019

File a grievance petition to the Chairman stating your past record before undergoing surgery, and your disabilities after surgery, position of your assets and income with such documentary evidence, hope that the petition may receive humanitarian consideration by re scheduling.  (They may take a chance asking you to repay the compromised amount in full, and after one month they may (???) sanction you that amount which has been repaid with longer duration of EMI.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 October 2019

I am afraid that you are not coming with facts, as a bank can not file suit when there is no chances of recovery and files only when they have certain valuable asset which may deteriorate the value in case of delay.  It is too late now as a suit was already filed.  You may also file a petition to court for referring the case to LOKADALAT for working out chances of compromise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register