Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bab (self)     07 June 2014

Settlement of marriage engagement cancellation

Dear Sir/Madam,

My marriage engagement had been cancelled before marriage after grand function in presence of ~200 relatives from both my and bride’s family by bride’s father due to horoscope mismatch. Bride’s family did the function. He clearly said the same to us through mediator, directly and SMS.

We all already informed greatly to all my relatives, friends and colleagues about my marriage before cancellation in society.

We have now engagement ring, photo album, vedios and bride’s father given some money to us for marriage expences.Bride’s father asking the same to us through mediator.

Then my family elder’s said them that to give written statement about cancellation engagement with reason by bride’s father and bride in presence of both families relatives to avoid problems in future and then only we will give the same expect some money as our dignity was spoiled(dignity damage) in society by their worst decision.

I would like to know that whether bride’s family has any right to file any case on us in police station regarding the same. If so, we are also planning to file a case against them about damage of dignity.

Pl provide your valuable suggestions.

Best regards,

Learning

1 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 June 2014

Marriage cancellation by Horoscope mismatch sounds like as if we are living in Mahabharat times. If that is so, it is not the bride's family but the pundit who pronounce and declare the Horoscope mismatch has to prove in the court how it was a mismatch in case you are dragged to the court for compensation. In the mean time, when the Bride's father brought out the horoscope mismatch and cancelled the marriage I don't see any logic or reasons why they should be aggrieved and initiate action against you. They may not give you any written agreement but there are those people who attended your engagement and that should be sufficient. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register