Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Service tax liability on purchase of flat

Page no : 2

dilip eknath patil (asst teacher)     22 June 2014

DEAR SIR,

I AM DILIP PATL FROM AURANGABAD (MAHARASHTRA) , I WAS PURCHASE THE FLAT IN  JULLY 2012 AND REGISTRY AMOUT IS 1800000 RS  SO PLEASE SUGGESST WHETHER  I AM LIABLE TO PAY  THE SERVICE  TAX( 3.1 PERCENTAGE) OR NOT BECAUSE MY BUILDER CLAIMING ME TO PAY FOR THIS.

Regards ,

DILIP EKNATH PATIL

EMAIL ID -dilipp71@gmail.com

MOB NO -9689401680

VC (Sr HR manager)     06 August 2014

I have purchased a flat which was almost complete but occupation certificate (OC)was not issued by competent authority. However, builder has not done any construction thereafter except minor one for finishing the building for readying the same for OC. In my agreement no reference of payment of service tax or VAT is recorded. Do I still need to pay for service tax.

keshav (SME)     06 October 2014

Dear members,

I had booked a flat in June'10 in Pune and made the payments in installments partly through bank loan and rest from self by Aug 10. I registered the flat in Aug'10 and have been provided the possession of the property by the builder and have been paying my utility bills ever since.
The builder has now contacted me saying that I need to pay an addditional 3.09% of the total amount as service tax. Nothing about this was mentioned in the agreement. I need an advice about my liability in this case. Am I really liable to pay this amount or is the builder trying to pass off his liability on to me.

Thanks and regards,
Keshav.

Venugopal (Civil Engineer)     12 June 2015

Dear Ramachary,

I paid service tax with cash to the builder and asked him to produce a bill indicating our flat number. He told us that the service would be paid to all apparments and not for individual flat. He also told calculation as (22lakhs/3)*10.09. He promissed that he would produce the bill later and gave hand written receipt. Please clarify on what basis we need to pay service tax when proper bill indicating our appartment number is not given to us.

Regards

Venugopal.B

Joy Banerjee (Photographer)     25 January 2016

"The low-cost housing segment (property worth less than Rs. 20 lakh) will be totally exempt from service tax." Mr. Rachakonda, is the above rule still applies?

sandeep (manager)     27 May 2016

Hello Experts,

I had purchased a flat in Hyderabad one year ago. I purchased the flat in semi finished condition from the LAND OWNER. Meaning,the flat that I purchased was under the LAND OWNER's share and NOT the builder. I would like to know if I am liable to pay service tax as I have purchased the flat from the Land owner (individual).One of my friends told me that if one buys flat from an individual than there is no liability of paying service tax ! Service tax liability arises if one buys flat from the builder.

As I am unsure about the above, thought of asking for the opinion from the experts in this forum. Please advise me on the above ASAP.

Thanks, Sandeep Chakraborty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More