service matter -pf arrears

Employee was removed from services in february 2001 for not reporting to place of transfer by employer's registered office in mumbai which was different from place of transfer ( Assam ) .Employee has by then put in 26 years of service in organisation . Employer after 44 months , in OCTOBER 2004 offered to pay the PF amount plus 3 months interest upto may 2001as per PF rules . Employee pointed out that 4 increments were not taken into account before calculating PF amount . Now in november 2018 after a prolonged struggle , employer has admitted the error in his PF calculation and has offered the corrected amount of PF amount plus interest on it ONLY FOR 3 MONTHS UPTO MAY 2001 .

Question --- 1- Whether employee is entitled to receive interest on corrected PF amount for intervening period from february 2001 to Nov. 2018 ? If yes , at what rate of interest ?
2- If employer refuses to pay knterest for overdue period then before which specilised forum he must seek relief ?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x