Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K RAMAMURTHY (pharmacist)     07 November 2011

Selection trials for recruitment under sports quota-table te

Sir,

This is regarding recruitment in LIC under sports quota, for which my daughter being a National player in Table Tennis was called for selection trials which was held at Bhopal from 10th of October to 13th of October 2011.

In the trials, 19 women players participated. The pool was improperly made. That is, four pools were made and the last pool consisted of 4 players. The pools were made in such a way that, one pool consisted of all strong players and the other with only one strong player and so on and informed that only the first best two will be selected for the final selections. Only the players of the same pool were made to play the game and not with the players of the other pools. Eight players were finally selected and the rest were sent back.

Out of the eight selected, only three players were current ranked and the rest 5 players were below ranked in Merit compared to my daughter who has individual Gold/Silver/Bronze Medals and was a State Champion for 2010 as per LIC norms in the advertisement.

Immediately after the selection trials, the same was enquired with the officers at the stadium. They could not answer my queries and informed me to submit in writing and also told that the question could be raised during trials. But, to the surprise the candidates were warned that, if anything is raised, the name of the candidate would be scratched from the list. Fearing this, the matter could not be raised during trials. No such rules were framed to conduct the pooling as per the call letter. The letter was immediately addressed to the Chairman LIC and the Sports Commission Board which were sent by speed post. No acknowledgement was given for the letter handed over in person at the Stadium. This is suspicious.

On 20th of October I have approached through RTI to submit the information rose above with all the copies of the documents of all the 19 players to be submitted within 48 hours. But, in spite of reminders to all the higher ups, the matter is still pending with the LIC and now they have assured that, the same would be sent within two to three days.

I now request your kind self to guide and advice me to take up the next procedure to take up with LIC, as my daughter is eligible as per the norms framed by the LIC. She has won two out of five matches. This should be only the trials and not the tournament. Even in the advertisement, it shows that there should be merit and preference is given for one in 32 National ranking in their respective age group, which my daughter fulfils.

Kindly guide us in the matter, for which act of kindness, I will remain grateful Sir,

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

K Ramamurthy, parent.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register