LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath Godina   06 August 2023

Seized bike rc is not transfering by the owner

Recently I have bought a second hand bike which is seized by the finance company ( because the owner is not paying the emi ) now owner was not transferring RC what I have to do ???

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar   06 August 2023

Did you check the ownership of the vehicle before purchase

Manjunath Godina   06 August 2023

No I didn't checked .from past three days I was busy with searching the owner he is tell that he won't transfer the RC. Now I am in Andhra Pradesh but after one month I will shift to Karnataka so they definitely ask noc owner is required for applying noc now what I have to do

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 August 2023

it is the responsibility of the seller of the vehicle to ensure that the RC is transferred to the buyer. You are setting a trap for yourself by running after the alleged real owner of the vehicle!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2023

You have bought the vehicle without verifying the details of the vehicle and its owner.

You do not have to go behind the owner if the financier had taken legal action properly while seizing the vehicle.

The financier cannot just like that illegally seize the vehicle and sell it to the athird party.

The third party buyer is liable for the legal consequences if the owner gives a complaint against him for theft of the vehicle.

If the vehicle wa hypothicated to the financier, then the RC book will be held in his possession, in that case the fiancier can transfer the vehicle to your name in the capacity of owner because he has legally seized the vehicle

hari   03 December 2023

i have a similar case , i bought a bike in an agency and applied finance ,but due to a fight with the finance company , i didnt transfer ownership,then when i want to sell the bike i found the owner and he is willing to buy the bike from me ,i have doubt that, can he just take my bike without paying money as it is in his name, or can he file a case against me or file a theft case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register