LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rupesh tiwari (Asst. Professor)     11 October 2011

Seeking your opinion

I have been working as a Sr. Lecturer, Disha School of Management Education- Raipur since January, 2009. My services to the institute was confirmed after the completion of the due probation period, and three months notice period is mandatory

By the either side in case of separation. On 22-09-2011 I received a communication from my employer that your services to the institute is not required without assigning any reason and needs to leave immediately.

Now I seek information from you, how they can forced me to resign without assigning any reason and not willing to give three months of time which is mandatory according to terms and condition mentioned in the offer/ appointment letter. I am not being allowed to enter the college campus and they are forcing me to leave immediately without paying the three months salary in lieu of the notice period. Its been 19 days since I resign, I am yet to receive the acceptance of my resignation. They are also deducting money from my account since last almost two yeras as a PF contribution from my side. Despite repeated requested no PF statement is given to me.  Along with me there are many sufferers in the organization, and same treatment was given to more than 200 employees in less than six months of .   

Details of me and the employer are as follows:

Name: Rupesh Kumar Tiwari

Position: Sr. Lecturer

Employer: Disha School of Management Education, Raipur

City Office

Disha Tower,
New Shanti Nagar,
Raipur(C.G.)
Phone No. :: 0771-4035325-328,
FAX :: 0771-4035333

Campus

Campus : Satya Vihar Vidhansabha-
Chandrakhuri Marg,
Distt. Raipur (C.G.)
Phone No :: 0771-4200101-09 , 2472001-07
Fax :: 0771-4200110

E-mail :
info@dishamail.com,
admission@dishamail.com ,
info@dsme.in

Looking forward for your reply, so that the legal action can be initiated against the employer.

Regards

Rupesh Kumar Tiwari

HIG2/26,Vihar-Vihar

Old Borsi Colony, Durg(C.G)

Pin-491001

Learning

12 Replies

neel (Employee HR)     11 October 2011

Mr. Tiwari,

if you are a confirm employee and you have been provided with the appointment letter mentioning that employer would pay or give you one month notice before termination of your services then you may file a case. as well as if its their routine practice you may contact to that employees who were victim of the it and take suggestion from Labour commissioner of your area. Employer can't force you to put resignation forcefully.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 October 2011

The employer has coerced you to submit resignation with immediate effect and avoided to terminate the employment with immediate effect. The employer shall deduct notice pay. You should have opted to submit notice of resignation.

You can complain against forced resignation. You can withdraw resignation if it is not accepted.

Litigations are lengthy process.

If other employees are willing you all can join and complain with o/o Labor comissioner.200 is a big number.

Kindly evaluate your options carefully. It shall be appropriate to visit a local service lawyer with all docs and records.

You should submit a written request to your appointing authority to supply you the PF accumulation reports by redg/speed post. You can now view your PF reports online also. The website address is www.epfindia.gov.in

You can obtain report thru RTI also.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     11 October 2011

All affected employees should sign joint memorandum/complaint against the employer and file it with the local labour commissioner.

vasudevan

K C S Kutty, Pune (Faculty )     12 October 2011

Is Lecturer coming under the definition of "workman" under the ID Act 1947 to raise an industrial dispute ?

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     12 October 2011

The teacher is not a workman as per the existing rulings under the ID Act.

i have seen a post above asking him to go labour Commissioner. To raise an industrial dispute one has to be a workman.  Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor is not a workman, as per the ID Act and as per the ruling in Sundarambal case.

The service of teaching faculty in Management Institutes are governed by AICTE norms, the affiliated University Rules and also as per the orders or Directions of the concerned Government (Directorate of Higher Education). However, terminating the service of a teaching faculty without notice or without paying notice pay is illegal. It is not clear from the post, whether he is terminated or he resigned.

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     12 October 2011

I do agree with Mr. K C S Kutty.

Teachers employed by educational institutions imparting primary, secondary, graduate or post graduate education cannot be called as workmen. ( A Sundarambal v. Govt. of  Goa, Daman and Diu etc. 1988 (57) FLR 462)

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     13 October 2011

This is the latest position. So a teacher cannot seek remedy under ID Act.

K C S Kutty, Pune (Faculty )     13 October 2011

So PC Sir, what is your advice to Professor ?

Some information provided by him seems to be exaggerated. For example 200 people were

removed.  In a Management Education Institute, total number of faculty will be in the ratio of

1:15 (Professor : student)  as per the norms.    

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     13 October 2011

He has to seek remedy under any other civil law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register