Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     04 April 2015

Section 18 of hindu adoption & maintenance act vs. crpc125

Hi All,

In FEB 2013, wife has filed application u/s 125 of CrPC seeking monthly maintenance based upon desertion and ill-treatment. There was no application filed by her for interim maintenance for CrPC 125. The case is in argument stage and final argument is about to start. Very recently, husband received another summon from another Court in March 2015 regarding civil petition for monthly maintenance under section 18 of  Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act based upon same ground of desertion and ill-treatment. This time wife has filed application seeking interim maintenance from husband. After reading both HAMA and CrPC 125 I got confused and failed to understand what a basic difference between these two maintenance provisions is?

By looking at application filed by wife in both Courts I am not finding any difference apart from provision used i.e. HAMA and CrPC 125.

I would appreciate if you can guide me on a path forward to deal with this situation. Can husband submit objection into a later court where HAMA application has been filed informing court that same relief is prayed by wife in another court under another provision and matter is pending for final disposal?  Does the later Court will reject HAMA application on this ground?

Kindly advice. Many Thanks!

Learning

3 Replies

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     05 April 2015

Dear Members - Please respond with your valuable thoughts.

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     07 April 2015

CrPC, HMA, HAMA are different process of law to provide relief to the destitute women. There is no clear instruction & provision in law that these all cant be filed simultaneously. However, if maintenance is granted in both the petitions by both the judges, the higher amount would be considered as final & the respective court shall order you to pay the balance amount subtracting the lesser amount as ordered in the other petition (if you are already paying the amount).

Fight the case on merit by the help of a learned advocate & challenge the petitions.

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     07 April 2015

Sure Sir. We will fight till the end. Many thanks for kind reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register