LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palash Jawa (Adv.)     12 April 2015

Sale through gpa

My dad has entrusted me with his general power of attorney. Can i transfer his property to myself by using power of attorney  . in one place as holder & in another place as purchaser . of course i will pay proper stamp duty. Is there any judgment of any court in which a power of attorney holder can sell the property to himself. i do not want a gift deed or relinquishment deed. i want a proper registration with proper fees . please help me by enlightening a judgment of any court where power of attorney holder can sell the property to himself


 3 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     12 April 2015

Yes, you can execute registered sale deed on yourself in the sub registrar office.  In Telangana the stamp duty is 10% on the govt. market value.  It differs from state to state.  I do not know of which state you belong.

S.Sankarasubramanian (practcing advocate)     12 April 2015

Dear brother,

                                 When you are having the good relation ship with your father  you can transfer his property through settlement deed or through will favouring you so that you can save registration charge setc, if he is alive.  If not  you can very well proceed through the sale deed.


                                                                               S.Sankarasubramanian, advocate.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2015

It is as simple as it, that the GPA holder is selling the property to a purchaser on behalf of his principal, what is the legal infirmity in it?,  so as a power holder you are going to sell the property to you (purchaser), for this you dont need any judgement.

However, why dont you ask your father to sell the property directly to you instead of taking a GPA route?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register