LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srcs prasad (manager)     17 April 2010

sale agreement registration

Dear friends,


I wanted to purchase a semifinished independent house at nagpur.

The seller has given a general power of attorney to his brother.The seller is demanding some amount must be given in cash at the time of agreement..I consulted a lawyer, he advised to register the agreement with  the full stamp duty value and at the time of sale deed the registration value will be around Rs500/ only.

Pl. advise me.


 9 Replies

Rasik Dagli (Lawyer)     17 April 2010

It is not clear as to which agreement you want to get registered before the Sale-Deed.

Please make it clear so that I can again reply to your query.



Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     18 April 2010

Dear Prasad

I suppose that you want to make an agreement of purchase of tha flat with the seller. if it is so then your agreement must be written on the stamp paper of proper value and must be signe by both the parties along with witness. How ever it must be noted that it should be registered within 4 months before the date of sighning of this agreement so that it may become good piece of evidence.

later on you and seller both have to sign a sale deed of this flat. this will be a proof of your ownership of flat has been transfered to u .

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     18 April 2010

do u mean registered agreement to sale?

srcs prasad (manager)     18 April 2010

I want to register the sale agreement between me and the power of attorny [agent] with full stamp duty.

At the time of sale deed [exptd. within 50 days], the registration of sale deed with min value of Rs 100/

With this am i secured?


srcs prasad (manager)     18 April 2010

Thanks Mr.Ansari,

Yes i want to ensure the seller /[ agent in this case] should not make other agreement with other person.

One more doubt is the power of attorney says it is irrevokable till the sale of the said property is completed.

Is it a valid statement? any legal value is attached for this sentence?

srcs prasad (manager)     18 April 2010

Thanks Mr.Bhagwat Patil ,

Yes i want to register the sale agreement with full stamp duty value[at present 8% of the agreed price of Rs 30 lacks]

Rasik Dagli (Lawyer)     18 April 2010

Normaly in most of the State Stamp Duty Acts there is a provision that if the an agreement to sale a property is registered with full Stamp Duty paid on the value of the property to be purchased, than at the time of Sale Deed no stamp Duty will be payable.  If there is such a provision in the Stamp Duty Act applicable to you, you can do so.

Please verify that power of attorney is a special power of attorney and only relating to your property. There can be an irrovacable power of attorney and it will be irrovocable till the execution of Sale Deed.



srcs prasad (manager)     19 April 2010

Thanks Mr.Rasik Dagli,

The power of attorney is a General power of attorney, and The sentence " it will not be revoked till the  complesion of sale of property ".And as per my advocate the state of Maharashtra is having the provision for registering the sale agreement with full stamp duty.


Sh S. Kumar (Other)     12 September 2012


You may contact us For the Legal Drafting and Registration of Sale Deed, Agreement of Sale and Deed of Sale in Delhi.
SK Gupta
Sale Agreement
Sale Deed in Delhi

For more information, visit


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register