Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P Prabhakar   07 October 2015

Salary reduction for late coming

Dear All,

I am working in a Pvt. Garment Export Company for last 12 years, as Manager. The founder owner of the company passed away 4 years ago and new Management memebers take over the charge of all administration from thereon.

I got to know from HR Dept. that my salary for 2.5days will be deducted due to late coming and 2.5 days leave will also get adjusted against late coming for the Month of Sept 2015. Grace time given by compnay is 15 minutes for 6 occassions. I have worked 38hrs Extra in this month. Company time is 9 to 17.30Hrs, but new management compel and impose to work more than 10 hrs per day.

I am late for 425minutes for the whole month which come around 7+hrs. I have asked company to reduce my leave or salary for 1 day and told them to give me details / cause in written if they deduct my leave/ sarly for 5 days.

Can you suggest me from should i get help to resolve this? HR dept is weak and will dance according to management only, so they are not helpful.

Learning

4 Replies

Ramesh (Lawyer)     07 October 2015

first of all if you have leave balance, the HR shall not deduct the salary then can balance it from the leave. 

once the they balance with lease there no necessary to diduct from the salary. if all they insist for diduct in the salary you can file case before the labour court and get relief.

P Prabhakar   07 October 2015

Hello Rameshji

The rule our HR is imposing is they will deduct salary of 1/2 day if you get late more than 6 occassions in a month i.e you can reach office till 9.15 in 6 times. After that even if you reach at 9.01AM, then also you will get half day salary. I have asked them to explain, why they allow employees to get inside after 9.15, if you do not want to pay them for full day ? !!

Is there any such law that an employer can reduce 1/2 day salary such situations ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 October 2015

All deductions have to be mentioned in salary slip.

The salary is calculated as monthly salary/26/8=per hour' salary.................

If you have been compensating 8 hours then salary should not be deducted.

There is a cap on OT hours too.

Download proof od extra hours /day.

You may look into enactments e.g. Shops and Estbs Act by whichy the establishment is covered.......

You are a manager and still be covered by the def. of 'Employee' as in the Act.................

If the situation is not conducive then change over.

P Prabhakar   08 October 2015

Again, the total late minutes shown 425Minutes and at the same time I have worked 2325 minutes extra in the same month.

I have asked HR to reduce my salary for late for 425 minutes ( 7.08 Hrs /1 day aprox), and pay me for 2325Minutes ( 38.76rs ) overtime !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register