LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar...... (occupation )     09 June 2013

Salary pending

i got job in the month of Jan -2013, during my stay in the company i understood the company is not financially sound , the working conditions were really horrible. the situation was so worse that i never got help from anybody in the company in delivering the work assigned to me,when i asked my manager for help he said, go ask someone. finally he only escaleted the matter to HR and the HR asked me to resign from the company or else i will be terminated in the month of April - 2013. so i agreed to resign from the company agreed that the company will pay 1 month advance salary. at the time of resignation the company HR has given an acceptance letter of my resignation stating that my full and final settlement will be given very soon. till date i have not received my april month salary or final settlement amount. whenever i ask the HR they say cheque is not cleared from accounts and the accounts person says he has not received any instruction from hr regarding my settlement. pls advice what to do now with these kind of companies ? i worked in the company for about 4 months

i have resignation acceptance letter from the company in which it is clearly mentioned that i will get my full and final settlement very soon. under what sections of law i can file a case on this company ?


 2 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     10 June 2013

Go before the Payment of Wages authorities and complain about the conduct and withholding the salary. However, if some other dues are also recoverable, you may file a recovery application under Section 33 (C) (1) of the Industrial Disputes Act. All this would be possible, provided you are falling within the definition of Workman.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 June 2013

It is your discretion to intiate as many threads you want.

You have posted that:

""i would have left the matter easily if the amount is less, but the amount is around 2 lakhs.""





Of course it is a  huge amount and employee should not leave the earned wages as a parting gift.

But in the end you have to act.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register