LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadevan (General Manager Operations)     27 August 2009

Salary Dues Not Settled

Dear Sir, I have been employed in the company "X" for the past 3 years.  The company is controlled by the Asia Pacific organisation in Singapore.  But a local person was holding the Authorised Signatory in order to sign the payment cheques to vendors and employees salaries.

My company has terminated me from the services as on 10th August 2009, without giving prior notice as mentioned in the Appointment Order.  Additionally they have not settled my dues, which includes salary for the month of July 2009.  Numerous mails and phone calls to the parent company in Singapore has not yielded any result.  The only person of contact is the one who is holding the "Authorised Signatory" in Chennai.  The parent company wants me to hand over all the official items I have in my possession to the "Authorised Signatory", but these are the crucial things I hold in respect to settlement of my dues.

1. What are the ways in which I can receive my payments in due time?

2. Do I need to issue a legal notice to the company?

Kindly let us know.


 1 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     27 August 2009

Although you are not authorized to hold the company's property in what ever form with you, but going by the contents of the query two points are required attention:

1. The question whether your termination is illegal and arbitary in terms of the employment is to be checked. and

2. The dues payable to you on termination of your service.

Without perusing the offer letter and terms of the agreement, correct advise is difficult hence in best interests you are advised to approach a local lawyer and seek his advise. Further legal remedies are open to you to claim damages for arbitary termination of your employment and also for with holding the dues/emoluments payable to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register