LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurav   16 August 2015

Saha finlease - money exortion

Hello Gurus,

I am a vicitim of Saha Finlease - Money Extortion Racket through Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards.

This company is not even listed in the approved NBFC list from RBI

I had a credit card  issued in 04/2005 , I lost my job and was unable to pay the outstanding amount of INR 46753.16

I contacted SCB recently to settle account and they mentioned that they have sold every thing related to the card to Saha Finlease.

I got an notice from their lawyers that I owe over 9 Lakhs now and have to pay this amount.
I have been asking for statement from SCB and SCB Manhattan Customer Care Team is unable to provide me with a card statement. So I am not sure what are these charges for.

I know many people have been vicitim of this fraud company.Can somebody advise on how to proceed and settle the account.I am willing to settle the principle outstanding amount only.

Can some esteemed laywers advise on how to file complaint against SCB and Saha Finlease for this fraud and criminal intimidation of the customers.




 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2015

if you have not admitted to the debt in writing then it might be hopelessly time barred and recovery can not be enforced.

You may not be able to get a deal on principle amount only on your own and may get in touch with your able lawyer specializing in consumer/banking matters and your lawyer may be in a position to help you to get it without any adverse effect on your CIBIL credit score and loan taking ability.

You must demand threu your lawyer communications that have been sent to CIBIL by SC bank/Saha Finlease.



Saurav   16 August 2015

Thanks for the reply Sir!

How can a Bank like SCB hire some non approved NBFC's for recovery.

The RBI list does not have Saha Finlease mentioned as the company. This company has a very dubious reputation of criminal intimidation and forgery. Can this issue be pursued with the Banking Ombudsman? Can I file a complaint to the banking Ombudsman against SCB and Shaha Finlease?

will it work?

and if they intimidate people on phone how can one complain to RBI ?

Thanks in Advance



Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 August 2015

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id:


( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)



Reserve Bank of India
Central Office Building
18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
Mumbai-400 001.



You may find many threads on recovery agents at LCI useful e.g:


vasugee (house wife)     28 September 2015

Mr Saurav pl update as to  have been taking place, it will help others, pl also check the following link


vasugee (house wife)     28 September 2015

pl chk



Dear Customer,

We request you to provide your contact num to assist you.

please feel free to call or write to us on 897606758/

Thanks and Regards

Customer service

Shaha Finlease Pvt Ltd



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query