LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind MNM (Legal Advisor)     17 October 2012

Rule for payment of pf


Dear All,

Is there any rule written in  PF books that if any employee resigns from his service within probation period, the company would not pay its share and only the share of the employee deducted from the salary will be paid back to him. The company is a public limited company situated in Mumbai. 


Experts kindly enlighten.


 4 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     17 October 2012

Dear Gobind

The PF has no link at all with the nature of job of the employee, whether s/he is und probation or not. If one is paid for his job done means both employee & employor have to contribute towards the PF fund.

Advocate Upadhyay (partner)     17 October 2012

Yes , you are elgible for PF. Please read this link below for further clarification.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 October 2012

Does the company have its own PF trust? If yes obtain copy of PF rules, formulated by it for circulation.

Has the company deducted and computed PF contribution in salary slip?

If the company is filing e return the EPF balance can be viewed on PF website.


Raise your demand to supply you the PF account slips by redg. post.

Rather than withdrawing PF it shall be better to transfer the PF and keep the a/c regular for at least 10 years and thus be eligible for pension.


By the way who has made such statement: line management or HR, verbal or in writing?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2012

non-submission of PF claim attracts prosection of employer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register