LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atin Roy.... (Service)     26 March 2019

RTI for WB primary school teacher pension.

Dear sir/madam,
I want to get some information regarding eligibility of Pension of primary school teacher in West Bengal. To whom I have to apply? Website of WB RTI is not workings for long days. So I have to apply in offline. Please inform briefly step by step process also.


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 March 2019

Each state might have prescribed a specific format of application as per RTI rules and regulations.   If WB has not prescribed any format, you can use simple format as follows for seeking information under RTI Act.  This form can be used in general with minor modifications for any RTI information.

Application dt.27th Mar,2019 seeking information under RTI Act.


Before: Public Information officer,.................................

RTI fee: Postal order No....for Rs.10/- drawn in favour of Accounts Officer.....payable at Kolkata.



Information solicited:

1. Please provide me a certified copy of laid down norms/rules and regulations/Government orders/circulars/Notifications that state the eligibility criterion and procedure for applying for Pension of a primary school teacher in West Bengal.



Send Application of hard copy by Regd. Post.  Paste the copy of postal receipt on your hard copy of application.  Track delivery status on indiapost website.  Download the delivery status.  Wait for 35 days from date of the delivery for PIO response.  If there is no response, then you have to go for first appeal before superior of the PIO designated as First Appellate Authority with grounds of Deemed denial of information.  Depending on response/FAA orders you may have to go for the second appeal to State Information Commission to wait in queue for four or more years for their decision.


The easiest way is approaching any Teacher's Union or association or searching in google with keywords "Eligibility for a pension of Primary school teacher in West Bengal:.



Information solicited

1 Like

Atin Roy.... (Service)     31 March 2019

Thanks to all for your valuable advise. All the above information will be very useful to me.

Actually The matter is for the year 2014 . Due to deficiency in 5 months and 21 days to complete 10 years of service , my father was not eligible to receive pension as a WB primary school teacher. As per DCRB rule there was a provision to condone upto 6 months of the deficiency by the Government. After so many requests and applications to Govt, the applications were rejected during the service.

After all the rejection, my father filed a case against the department in Calcutta HC. HC also advised to the school department to cosider the matter, but school department again denied.

After due to physical condition and financial problems and being frustated, my father was not able to continue the case and the application. Now I have taken the matter to continue.

As per verbal information from the various department of the WB School, many retired person like that were condoned in past and some were rejected. But actual records or results are not available. 

Kindly advise me , what steps should be taken by me to get the pension.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 March 2019

If you have not already filed application obtain a copy of such rejection/refusal letter from State government communicating such refusal letter or rejection letter.after such HC judgment.   If they have not ruled out and expressed their decision in writing to the pensioner, there is still scope to knock their doors.

You can also file RTI application seeking reasons on record of all the cases where the delay was condoned, and not condoned.  (Names of those retired teachers where the pension was granted allowing discretion of 6 months for the condition of 10 years completed services) Contact an effective  HC advocate for building up a case for partisan attitude against your father alone.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register