LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

victimoffraud   23 May 2015

Rti against false dv

Dear friends
please help me with rti to fight false dv to file rti to get income details of wife
2. my bro-out-law and the mom-out-law are a member of a political party - some activist. how to get activist details from ttaht political party. is rti possible. please help me how to get wife has said she lost her well paying job because of me and she is now jobless. how to get details from her private company that she left purposefully to get maintenance? if rti is not possible can i send legal notice to the comapny now itself or should i wait for the time the petition is taken up in court?
4. whom should i send rti to get call details from private mobile providers?


 6 Replies

bsrao   23 May 2015

1. RTI not available for personal income related queries.

2. Political parties out of RTI.

3. Private companies are not under RTI.

4. Same as in (3).


victimoffraud   23 May 2015

thankyou for your quick reply sir bsrao

for 1>> i'm pretty sure there is a cic decision but i dont know how

for 2>> then how to obtain members' list?

for 3>> mentioning her statement in petition, is a legal notice to the company for explanation serve the purpose?

for 4>> is not possible to obtain incoming details for my mobile through rti? to whom to put rti to get details for my incoming calls?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 May 2015

If she is having taxable income, you may seek information from concerned ITO by mentioning PAN No, as one can have access to income of spouse also.There are inconsistent CIC decision, but you can make an attempt.

If private service provider's  mobile is in your name, you can apply and seek details of call made by applying to service provider-Customer care with nominal fee and a written application..




As a private person he is not permitted to obtain the details even though it belongs to his wife. He has to submit the details to the court and the court if satisfied may order for the details .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 May 2015

Every suggestion/guidance by a member is not shooting an arrow in dark, but on the basis of  some concreted platform.  CIC has decided that Spouse's tax details/income is not different and the other can have access to it under RTI.

There is no risk except Rs.10/- IPO fvg. Accounts Officer, ITO.  Either he gets information or denial within 30 days  and the suggestion of Court is always open.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2015

There are instances where the income details of spouse can and are to be furnished to the other spouse as decided by CIC.through income tax department.  However private companies are not covered under RTI act. For knowing her employment details, if you know the name and address of the company she worked, you may call for the details through court during trial of the case u/s 91 of Cr.P.C.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register