LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev (xxx)     29 October 2013

Rti

Can i file RTI to get wife's passport details?

Learning

8 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     29 October 2013

yes, u can

fighting back (exec)     29 October 2013

no.........i differ with other members here. the information will not be divulged by the passport office. the reason being, third party information,  will not be divulged giving the above reason. 

fighting back (exec)     29 October 2013

RTI can only be used to get information of the passport office itself. its functions, the pending passport applications, completed applications, fees, documents required, salary drawn by the staff, etc etc etc. everything related to the passport office as such. no information will be given to you pertaining to a third party, that is, a passport holder, 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 October 2013

use the attached decision

Attached File : 995426359 9a) smt.anita singh vs ministry of external affairs on 1 may, 2012 - 3rd party veto - passport.pdf downloaded: 81 times

Dev (xxx)     30 October 2013

Thanks

She has got her passport by giving false information which will be in my favour in 125 case but she has got it renewed in different city and I am in different city.

Can I file RTI to passport office in my city or I will have to go and file RTI to passport office in her city?

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 October 2013

file at both the places and mention on each app. that - application is filed at both the places.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

make a try                                   

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

If RTI fails you can get record summoned in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register