can a co operative society apply under RTi to get an information.(chairman/ seretary)
SAM (LEGAL) 12 November 2012
FORMAT OF APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005
The Public Information Officer,
1. Full name of Applicant: MR. _________________________
2. Particulars of Information required: Details of _______________
3. Subject matter of information: _______________________
4. The period to which information relates: _________________________
5. Descripttion of Information required: Details of ___________
6. Whether information is required by post or in person: By Post
7. The actual charges shall be included in additional fees.
7. In case by post: (Ordinary, Registered or Speed post): Speed Post
8. Whether applicant is below poverty line: No
Date: _________ Place: __________________ Signature of applicant.
Board category of the subject to be indicated (such) as grant of Government land/service matters/license. etc.
Relevant period for which information is required to be indicated
Specific detail of the information is required to be indicated
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate) 12 November 2012
Section 1(h) of RTI Act is as under :-
(h) "public authority" means any authority or body or institution of self- government established or constituted-
(a) by or under the Constitution;
(b) by any other law made by Parliament;
(c) by any other law made by State Legislature;
(d) by notification issued or order made by the appropriate Government,
and includes any-
(i) body owned, controlled or substantially financed;
(ii) non-Government organisation substantially financed,
directly or indirectly by funds provided by the appropriate Government;
Please see if the cooperative society fits in the definition
shekhar (proietor) 12 November 2012
pls clear my point, i want to know whether chairman in the behaf of co operative housing society can get an information from municipal corporation under RTI?