Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopalkrishna.P (Manager - IT)     27 November 2014

Right on father's property to children

Dear Sir,

We are 4 children to our parents, 3 son and 1 daughter.  That means I have one sister and 2 elder brothers and I am the last son. My sister married 10 years back and we have no property related issue with her.

My father has 4 acres of land came from my grandfather. Recently my father bought 2 acres of land from his friend and given it to my eldest brother. Then even though he has given 2 acre to him,father has made agreement with my eldest brother saying that he has given 15 lakhs  cash to my elder brother and hence he should not ask any part in the 4 acres which I mentioned above.(I donot know why that agreement made). 
 The idea of doing this is, my father wanted to give that 4 acres only to me and my one more brother. He do not want my eldest brother to have share in that 4 acres. Now my father is working towards transfering that 4 acres on myself and my one more brother( 2acres each). But my eldest brother is threatening saying that he want part in that 4 acres also. If not given he will drag us to court.

I want to understand, whatever my father is doing, is it right as per law? Can my eldest brother fight for share in that 4 acres also?  Whether he has any right in that now? Also whether the agreement signed about 15L cash  has any importance here?

I am badly looking for some expert opinion. Please advice and help. 

Regards

Gopalkrishna.P

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register