The art of cross examination is most special job and it comes only after practice and long expereince.
The questions must be well reheresed in advance with possible supplementry questions to confuse the witness and get desired answers.
The possible sequence of questions.
1) You made statement to the police just after the incident.
correct and answer will be yes.
2) What was the time gap between the incident and your statement to the police.
the reply will be time days or a week or more.
3) So when you made statement to the police the memory of incident was fresh in your memory.
the answer will be YES.
4) So before the police you have said that you are atacked / stabbed from front.
He will say Yes.
5) Now you have given dipostion in chief which is after how much time from the incident.
the reply will be few months are even years depending upon the factual situation.
6) So you have made false statement in your chief that you are attacked from back.
ALLOW ONLY YES OR NO ANSWER.
if the witness hasitates confrom him with earlier answer.
SUCH SIMILAR QUESTIONS CAN BE EASILY PREAPRED FOR ANY CRIMINAL TRIAL AND THE CREDIBILITY OF THE WITNESS CAN BE EASILY PUT IN DOUBT FIRMLY IN THE MIND AND RECORDS OF THE COURT.