LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

asha choubey   06 January 2024

Resident welfare association

My Resident Welfare Association is not holding the AGM and the election for more than one and a half year. As per the ordinance AGM and election was supposed to take place in June 2023, but they called for AGM only. Then, they postponed the AGM indefinitely under a flimsy ground. Since then neither AGM nor election. Now they want me to deposit maintenance fee, my question is:

Are they the legal Management Committee still, despite their term having been legally over as per the ordinance?

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 January 2024

You shall complain it to the Dy./Jt.Registrar of societies of your district.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 January 2024

Call a special general body meeting of the association in terms of memorendum / article of association qua superssession of managment.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2024

In the absence of newly elected body, the existing system will continue and till such time the activities will be considered as legally valid and binding on the members.

But of course since they are reluctant to conduct the election as envisaged in the bylaws, you can protest it and lodge a complaint with the Day. Registrar with a request to dissolve the current body and appoint adhoc committee until newly elected body takes over.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register