LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyam (Business)     17 December 2016

Required id proof for deposition of demonetized notes

Request you to Please conform - Can required ID proof for deposition of demonetized notes of Rs.500& 1000 in one’s  individual KYC complied  bank account for an amount below Rs.49000 ?

Kindly look into the matter.

Learning

12 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     17 December 2016

if your total deposit between 9th nov to 31dec is 49000, then PAN No is not mandatory and rest doccuments are:

1. Address Proof : Valid Passport /  Ration Card /  Single utility paid bill within the last 3 months / Gas connection registration letter

2. ID Proof : Valid Passport / Election Card / Driving License / Photo Identity issued by Government

In case your Mailing Address and the Permanent Address are different, address proof documents will be required for both.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2016

If you are depositing in same bank where you have your a/c then they may not ask for it.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     18 December 2016

If you are depositing in your own account which is KYC complaint, the Bank will not seek any proof; if the deposit is more than 50,000/-, you need to quote PAn in Deposit Slip.

Third part remiitances require approval of the account owner evenif it is by cheque.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 December 2016

The author has supplied "some" information or it is a query without head and tail.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2016

What does bank say

Shyam (Business)     18 December 2016

Dear Sir,

Request you to Please confirm - required ID proof for deposition of demonetized notes of Rs.500& 1000 in one’s individual KYC complied bank account for an amount below Rs.49000.

Because yesterday I’m depositing Rs.2000/- (Rs.500 x 4 old notes) in my Savings account, but sorry to say my bank casher refused for deposed & demanding for ID proof or if not given  by me  saying you can closed your bank account but I’m not received  .

Kindly look into the matter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2016

Take up with BM.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     18 December 2016

He cannot refuse a deposit in a KYC Compliant Account.

If it is for exchange, irrespective of whethethe you are a KYC Compaiant customer or not, you have to provide proof.

Take up with BM. Ask for the email ID of the Bank Branch.

Also check the website of your Bank, there will be email address of customer care & phone numbers. Phone up and send a cmplaint by email both to customer care and Bank Branch giving details of your account and the date & time of refusal by the Cashier

Shyam (Business)     22 December 2016

Thank You,

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2016

You are welcome.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 December 2016

@ Dr. J. C. Vashista

It appears to be a query. There may be confusion due to poor English.

@ the author: I have a KYC compliant account. I just went to the bank and deposited the cash. If your account is KYC compliant your bank will have your photograph and PAN.

The RBI is changing the rules every day. I do not know what will be the rule by the time you read this. Are you having cash in lakhs or crores?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 December 2016

The bank BM has KYC details and photo in digital record in computer and cashier might also have access.

Bank does not ask in the manner you have pointed.

Settle thru BM.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register