LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Representing myself in court

Page no : 2

stanley (Freedom)     03 December 2012



File the below application with a Rs 5 court fee stamp on the left side and sumbit it to the judge there is no need to get a NOC from your lawyer or withdraw his vakalatnama as it is your case and you would be appearing party in person this is the practical experience i had .


BEFORE THE HON’BLE  ............., AT…… 




                                                                                Cr. M.A. No.  --/2012

Mrs. ............                                                                            ---Applicant


Mr. ............                                                                        ---Respondent 


Application filed on behalf of Respondent  is as under


The respondent hereby wishes to state that he would be appearing hereby for all the future hearings as party in person .

It is therefore prayed that

1.Respondent  may kindly be permitted to represent himself.

 2. Any other just and equitable order in the interest of justice may kindly be passed .



Date :-                                                        Respondent .  

ram   24 December 2014

I wish to represent my case myself, what is the procedure? My uncle borrowed Rs.1,50,000/- from me one and a half year ago. I have all the necessary proofs. I am sending him a demand notice now. I wish to represent my case myself in the court of law, what is the procedure? Could somebody please share the needed information or point me where I could look for the information. Thanks in Advance.

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     25 December 2014

All the persons seeking an advice to represent their own cases in courts, just keep the followings in mind:


  1.  You can very well represent yourself in the court. Our constitution empowers you to do the same.
  2. If you have already filed a Vakalatnama in any court, you need to obtain NOC from the said advocate & file the counsel withdrawal application in the court. However, many a times your counsel may not give you NOC. In such a case, you simply need to file an application for the removal of the counsel the respective vakalatnama conferring power to him to represent for yourself.
  3. Before that most importantly: question yourself whether you know the law, the legal procedures?? Can you put yourself to the learning curve & can you obtain all the knowledge you require to fight the case. You may be well conversant with the facts of your case, but the legal process.
  4. Last but not the least: cases can be filed or moved to a certain extent by posting your problems in a forum, but this always does not work as little knowledge would be dangerous. All the persons replying to your query are not known to the situations & facts of your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register