LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Reply to registered letter

As a reply to my register letters asking her to come back, my wife has sent me a register letter with all allegations on me and my family. She was asking me to come their place and get her. There is already a 3months old complaint in CAW existing in their place. my FIL is a police man in the same city.

should I reply to her allegations in another letter? should I go?


 8 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     02 January 2013

you should reply to the allegation. otherwise it means that you are accepting all the allegations. in the reply you may also write that you are coming to take her back.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



2 Like


Thanks Rohit.

She is a serial suicide threatener and thats hard to handle once shez back :(

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 January 2013

Then in the very first place, why you wrote asking her to come back.






Shonee Kapoor

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 January 2013

I am surprised how many people approach the policy of "wanna go east but heading west" and then say, we are getting further and further from the goal.






Shonee Kapoor

3 Like

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     02 January 2013

The after-thought by Shonee Kapoor is a great one ;)


But having said that, I think most people with a troubled marriage and on the verge of being slapped with 498A will be in an utterly confused state of mind.


Brother shonee,

I need to buy time as the marriage existed for only 10months. I can not go east as of now right?

I have been asking my wife and in-laws for marriage counselling and then will be able to estimate the fate of my married life.  I am worried as its a risky job living with her.

kalyan (engineer)     03 January 2013

Stalker, my brother, are you really interested to run your life always under threat? its like running before a hungry tiger, that too in an open field. Send her a legal notice by referring all your and her registered letter contents. In the notice, clearly say that you did not demand and take dowry. Refuse all allegations of her. Explain her the reason for not visiting her home. if you visit her home, i am sure they will create some problems and start to make quarrel with you. Clearly they will make a show to the neighbourers that you are treating your wife cruel even in their place. Think twice before taking a decision. better consult a lawyer. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 January 2013



1. Who said that divorce petition is not maintainable before 1 year. It is maintainable, if you show extreme cruelty. Read Sec 14 of Hindu Marriage Act carefully.


2. I am sure that there was no insight that they are contemplating and cases immediately, so why this notice.


3. Now reply to this letter on merits and refuting all allegations. The false allegations levelled in the letter can be a basis of divorce for you. 


I repeat, don't file RCR, by filing RCR you would be condoning the acts of the wife. You may refer my below article for better understaning:





Shonee Kapoor
2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register