LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh   07 July 2016

Rental agreement

Hi, i have been renting out some commercial property without any rental agreement. But recently when i asked for a 5% more hike in the rent than the agreed upon amount 15 years ago, one particular tenant just blatantly disregarded it and misbehaved. Then i thought about getting an rental agreement made, but now that particular tenant along with others is not agreeing to signing any agreement. i first demanded for an 11 month agreement , but he kept on insisting on a 5 year one, when bowed down even to the 5 year one, he is now insisting on a 10 year one. how can i make him sign on to the 5 year agreemnt, is there any legal way that can force him to do that???

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Sir,

It appears to me that he has become greedy. Make him enter only 11 months agreement as it will be easy to vacate in that case. Law says it is your property and you may enter into agreement as per your will. Tell him he may either enter into a 11 month agreement with 10% hike or he may then leave. You may tell them that you may file a suit for eviction and get rid of such tenants as it is your property. Law is in your favour. it is your property afterall. Call me if you need any more guidance.

Regards,

Rit Arora

Advocate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2016

You have tested and situation is clear.

Engage a very able counsel and proceed further under expert guidance of your able counsel.

vijay (labour)     07 July 2016

It is suggested to have rental agreement irrespective of commericial or non commercial for 11 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register