LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam   14 March 2017

Rent agreement help


I have been living separately from my wife for the last 7 months (separated in August'16), due to her tortures & blames on me (she has mental illness). The landlord of the rental apartment is very close to my in laws. Since day one, he has been insisting on giving monthly rental in hard cash, despite my request to transfer online or cheque payment. I have paid rent in cash from Dec'15 till Nov'16 (and paid electricity bill via net banking). I am now in a dillema, since Wife & her family is taking no action and keeping quiet, and rent agreement was till Feb'17 (Rent agreement is under my name, but was never signed by me in person or what is there I do not even know). All I am thinking it to pay arrears (Dec - Feb rent) with a condition that I can pay via cheque or net transfer and ask for Rent agreement. What if he does not agree? Can landlord take action against me?

Please help.


 1 Replies


If you are not paying rent, she as your wife should pay rent  as she is living there. This is what called family life, you pay current bill, she pay water bill.  You pay for ration.  She pay for rent.  You pay for movie ticket. She pay for holiday trip.  If you have not paid rent, ask landlord to collect it from your wife, after all she is your ardhangini.  ie better half.  Let her also bear half the expenses.  You dont worry.  Dont give a penny.  Pay electricity bill this month, next month onward dont pay. Electricity board will cut power.  Then she will understand value of husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query