Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sensitiveman (executive)     14 September 2012

Relinquishment deed vs gift deed

Dear Ld. experts,
My father and myself acquired a property. We are joint owners and I want to relinquish or gift my share to my father. Now, pls explain what is the difference between relinquishment deed and gift deed. As per my knowledge, both deeds need to be registered but i wanted to know that whether stamp duty rates are same for both type of deeds. Also, guide me which type of deed should be favourable in my case in order to have lower registration cost.
Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     14 September 2012

Relinquish deed means you are giving away your rights in particular propertry by releasing it as yiu are not intersted in the said property . By doing so you dont hold any claim or rights in the said property.

While gife deed is gifting to some one with your own will and accord where you are the ownwer of the said gift and you have full right to do so without any hindrance.

In your case you can issue a relinquish deed in your  property and mention that your father has whole right for the same and he is the absolute owner and you dont have anything to claim in the said property.

sensitiveman (executive)     14 September 2012

Thanks Mr. Nikhil for your suggestion. Our property is in Thane (Maharashtra) so can you please inform that what would be the stamp duty rate in case if I go for relinquishment deed. Also, wanted to know that whether relinquishment deed is same as release deed.

Best regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register