Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramanandan (Sr Manager)     28 June 2010

relieving letter not issued by the employer

sir,

I have given my resignation letter on 6th May 2010. Notice period is 30 days. I had requested to relieve me at the end of May, but was serving them till 6th of June, without taking any leave. Legal notice period has elapsed. I still do not receive relieving letter from him.  But orally said, I can join and serve any company without any problem. I have served him for more than 15 years. So I have joined another company

Now there is going to be an audit in the 1st week of July at both places. I am being asked by present employer to face the audit on behalf of them, as at present I am serving them. But, old employer also wants me to face the audit on behalf of him also, where I am not serving anymore.

I do not have any financial loan nor bond with old company. In fact some of old bills are pending with them unpaid, amounts to Rs 50,000.00. I have told them to keep that amount, for any account settlement, but issue me the relieving letter.

Question: Is there going to be any leagal problem, if I face the present employer audit, without having a relieving letter from old employer?

SRT

Learning

1 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     01 August 2010

Do you have any proof of handing over the charge of your employment to a person replaced by your old employer  in your positon.  Is your  handing over report  contains  the  subject issue.  Did you obtain  NOC from each dept?  If so  there is no problem to you.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register