Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Nema (Associate)     05 April 2011

Reliance Broadband Bill Trouble

Hello,

I was a user of Reliance Broadband and recently requested for termination. I have ready at many places that Reliance Broadband create trouble for termination and harass people. Something similar seems to be cooking for me. I have raised request almost 10 days ago and nothing has been done yet. I communicated with customer care and they say as long as my account will be active I will be charged and have to pay rental. Can I do something about this. I have read that they keep on sending bills and later send a legal notice. I dont want to be victem of such trouble. Please guide me if I can do any thing in advance so that I do not end up in trouble.

If required I can post all the communicaton and details

Learning

14 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 April 2011

you have already requested them to terminate the connection but they have not yet terminated, so now you have to write a letter to the company " to terminate it immediately, inspite of it if the co., do the same I am not liable to pay the bills" like this.  After receipt of your letter if the co., do the same thing and initiated any legal actions against you , you can defend and it will be the good defense.

1 Like

Ambika (NA)     05 April 2011

@ Ankur

Reliance normally takes 15-20 days for closing any connection after a confirmatory call. They also give a reference number with the help of which you can keep in touch with their customer care centre and remind them of the pending termination issue. I would suggest you wait for another week and hopefully your connection would be terminated. I never faced any problems with regard to termination of Relaince broadband and landlines. Hope the same happens with you. Also visit your nearest webworld and see if the instructions have come there to terminate your connection. 

Originally posted by :Ambika
"
@ Ankur

Reliance normally takes 15-20 days for closing any connection after a confirmatory call. They also give a reference number with the help of which you can keep in touch with their customer care centre and remind them of the pending termination issue. I would suggest you wait for another week and hopefully your connection would be terminated. I never faced any problems with regard to termination of Relaince broadband and landlines. Hope the same happens with you. Also visit your nearest webworld and see if the instructions have come there to terminate your connection. 
"

Hello Ambika,

My concern is that if they take so long why customer have to pay for that. I dont mind them taking any length of time. What I will mind is paying for that duration. As per their practice of manual they have clearly said that request of any type will be resolved within 7 days. So I am more than happy to pay till 7th day of raising the request. Any time they take after that is their problem not mine so I should not be liable to pay.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2011

The laerned members/experts have given their valuable advice.

You have complained to customer care.Have they issued you a unique docket number.The company sends SMS also after the call of customer ,giving the docket number.

If not you may:

-give reference of your call,and quote date time the name of CCE who attended your call,and ask to supply you the docket number.You may mention no SMS was sent, and if the company wishes to claim they have sent the SMS ask them to send again.

-you may escalate the complaint in writing to  Nodal Officer, asking for docket number and confirmation in writing , on  which date they have terminated the connection, and by which date they shall refund the security amount to you.You may confirm your addrss again and ask to supply them a letter byr egistered post and may state if they wish you are willing to sbmit a postage pre paid, self addressed envelope.

You may ask for a finall bill upto the date of your request for disconnection.The company may deduct the bill amount from security(+late fee) if you don't pay the bill.The time limit for refund of security has been prescribed by TRAI.

If the company has installed any property i.e. modem etc, you may ask them to collect it and mention that the visiting employee shall have to issue receipt  then and there under seal and signature.

Hope you have not used the connection after the date of your request.

-You may lodge a query at webworld and obtain receipt and docket number.

-if the nodal officer does not satisfy you, you may escalate to appellate authority.

You may now enagage them in writing only for your benefit.

The details of the procedures and your rights are on the website of TRAI.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     05 April 2011

@ Adv Ankur,

First of all u stop using the services and make a complain at nodal office, either personally or thru mail. If they do not listen then u will have to approach appealate authority. There surely u will get the resolution. 

Actually it must get terminated within 7 days. But they r very difficult people., I too hv faced problems with Reliance, and I got my refunds from nodal office, after wasting lot of time and money. 

My brother too has faced without installation they started sending bills.

So best is to approach their nodal, office of your circle.

2 Like

Originally posted by :Bhartiya No. 1
"
@ Adv Ankur,

First of all u stop using the services and make a complain at nodal office, either personally or thru mail. If they do not listen then u will have to approach appealate authority. There surely u will get the resolution. 

Actually it must get terminated within 7 days. But they r very difficult people., I too hv faced problems with Reliance, and I got my refunds from nodal office, after wasting lot of time and money. 

"

Hello

Thanks for your reply. I was going through TRAI Documents. I have sent email to Nodal Officer. Today I will send all communication to Reliance and Nodal officer via Registered post. I will be taking them to consumer courts and will also complain to TRAI if they are going to play any dirty games for sure. As per TRAI I should not be charged after I stop using the service and placed a request. I have stopped using their service long back. I am in constant communication with them via email. I have attached a good TRAI document.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes sir,

U hv rightly observed that

"As per TRAI I should not be charged after I stop using the service and placed a request."

and Also u hv stopped using service, this much is more than sufficient and I think ur problem will get resolved at nodal office only, they will take the bill after termination back.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     05 April 2011

PERFECT ONE-

Bhartiya No. 1

Nationalist

[ Scorecard : 6661]

Thank the Contributor

Send PM

@ Adv Ankur,

Message thanked : 1 times

1 Like

Sarvesh Sir,

Thanks a lot for ur appreciation.

Sat (TL)     17 April 2012

I have similar problem with Reliance Broadband, they are harassing by calling even when I am ready to pay valid bill after termination. Bill was generated after termination and they were asking to pay 2 months bill. I am only OK to pay one month till the termination. I don't know what happened and rather sending me mail or calling I started receiving calls from some so called lawyer from Rajasthan. These people on phone started harassing me and threatened by asking to pay approx 6000/- to Reliance by cheque within in a hour. That time I said I need to review what happened while termination and I can not pay anything in an hour specially when I am ready to pay a bill till termination. That guy said Reliance will return money in your account even if it is extra. How the heck Reliance will do that? I don't know. That guy when first time called a month ago said he is calling from Delhi High Court now 2 days back I received a call and new guy said he is calling from Delhi High Court and my case is being sent to local Court of the location and they are issuing an arrest warrant and I have to be available at some place which I don't recollect because I was getting late to office and I couldn't talk to him much. I stopped talking to him on phone by telling him that I will call you later and I am not avoiding you but I have to get ready for office. Now, I am so frustrated by these calls that I want to either reach to Police station to complain about these or approach Consumer Court. I want to pay the valid bill till the termination and get rid of Reliance. I never thought Reliance would make it so hard to pay valid bill. Even Customer care listened to me last time before I started getting these calls and they said they will check with some one and will ask me to pay one month bill till termination but suddenly those calls stopped coming and few months passed and these calls started coming. I need your kind suggestion and help so that I can pay the bill till termination and also want to know how to approach Consumer Court and the cost involved. I am also going to talk to Reliance Customer care to see what they say. I will keep you posted. Thank you all. Sat

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 April 2012

The calls being received by you are from recovery agency employed by company and the manager/prop/promoter/owner of the company may be a lawyer. The format and style of such calls from all companies is strikingly similar. This implies all comapnius have ganged up. It is resolve of the customer and quality of legal support by lawyer which shall work in favor of the consumer.

Almost all telecom companies harass consumer to extort extra money and become adamant and reclaciterant to not to terminate the connection immediately and waive of extra amounts charged erroneously.

RBI had issued guidelines to followe strict code of conduct while following up on recovery but the telecom companies emboldened by SC judgement in case of M. Krishnan Vs BSNL which is highly misinterpreted proceed to harass consumer as many of the consumer forums have dismmissed the complaints.

The calls recieved by you are hoax. You may record these calls. Most probably the number from which calls are made may be fake and not in the name of recovery agency. Police is otherwise supposed to keep a tab on recovery agencies and maiantain record. The O/o SSP can locate the number and its owner.

You must complain on rude and threatening calls to company and Police comissioner/SHO in writing under acknowledgment. Demand last bill upto date of termination only without any late fee, penalty etc and an undertaking that company has withdrawan your name from list of defaulters and payment and settlement shall have no negative bearing on you in future. You must demand and obtain list with address of all collection/recovery agencies, credit bureaus to which your name was sent alonmg with copy of written communication sent by company to include your name and to delete your name.

Sat (TL)     18 April 2012

Thank you Kumar for your kind reply.

I have sent an email to Reliance Broadband Customer Care and they have asked for my bill details which I sending them now.

They asked me if I received any legal notice which I did not.

I will keep you posted once I hear from Reliance Broadband Customer Care.

Thanks,

Sat

ARVINTH (student)     11 November 2014

I have made request to deactivate my datacard 9344603242 multiple times once in Mid of april and twice in Month of May. I have one of the invoice receipts CAF No. 701448157233, which was provided to me. But no action was taken from reliance side to deactivate the datacard. I have not used the service once I surrended my Bill amount in month of April around Rs.400, as the reliance personnel asked to make all payments before it is getting deactivated. 
After that I have not received any communication from reliance side expect the bill generation. Customer call support is too worse and repeateted called them and reported it  but no steps were taken to resolve this issue and they end the call abruptly. Now i got message that legal Notice is generated. Let me know how should I carry on from here

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register