Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     18 August 2010

Relevancy of Family Section of LCI

Respected Members,

There is no doubt that Family Section of LCI has been reduced to a place of useless discussions on a single point agenda. It is not necessary to reply all the irrelevant postings and nothing or any postings should hurt anyone. If it is mudslinging going on, then there is no point to be there, rather keep off from those postings.  

Will revoking or diluting 498A, DV & other Acts/ laws reduce the dowry deaths and crime against women? Should we only concerned about ourselves, if yes then is it justice? Does it not show the self centeredness?  Is it only women who r misusing the laws? Is only men who r sufferers?

Whether innocent girls get killed brutally due to dowry, due to likes or dislikes, get tortured, let the domestic violence continue, let them go to hell or anywhere, but make us (women haters) safe and protect us and our interests, and allow us to do the things we want/wish that’s all we (women haters/bashers) want and our demand is?

We forget that women too belong to the same society and are not from any other part of universe.  The kind of person we will be the kind of our daughters will be, as half of the genes comes from men. So, it is obvious that they surely will inherit some of the traits and behaviors of their fathers. So, are we not responsible? If there is “Lafanga” element in men then why should not we expect same in women also? But in spite of all we must remember and admit this fact that The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them.”

Also just go thru’ the statements of these two great presidents of such an advanced country, in which they have shown their concern.

This view that women are somehow inferior to men is not restricted to one religion or belief. Women are prevented from playing a full and equal role in many faiths. Nor, tragically, does its influence stop at the walls of the church, mosque, synagogue or temple. This discrimination, unjustifiably attributed to a Higher Authority, has provided a reason or excuse for the deprivation of women's equal rights across the world for centuries. At its most repugnant, the belief that women must be subjugated to the wishes of men excuses slavery, violence, forced prostitution, genital mutilation and national laws that omit rape as a crime. But it also costs many millions of girls and women control over their own bodies and lives, and continues to deny them fair access to education, health, employment and influence within their own communities.... The truth is that male religious leaders have had -- and still have -- an option to interpret holy teachings either to exalt or subjugate women. They have, for their own selfish ends, overwhelmingly chosen the latter.

JIMMY CARTER, "Losing My Religion for Equality"

The best judge of whether or not a country is going to develop is how it treats its women. If it's educating its girls, if women have equal rights, that country is going to move forward. But if women are oppressed and abused and illiterate, then they're going to fall behind.

BARACK OBAMA, Ladies' Home Journal, Sep. 2008

The problem is mainly affecting Punjab, Haryana and Delhi, and these states tops in the list of all kind of abuse, be it dowry death, or crime against women.

It is better to wage war against social evils, corruption and faulty legal system etc. than against women.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

thousands of men are being burnt by women all over india over past few years. as many as 55% men  were victims of domestic violence of some form at the hand of their wives. over a lakh were murdered brutally last year direcly by inlaws  or indirectly by hired goons. men need to be protected from biased laws and misachiveous women. please come and join SIFF

(Guest)

@ Asutosh

Here are my replies to your full post;

"There is no doubt that Family Section of LCI has been reduced to a place of useless discussions on a single point agenda."

MY take: Kindly tell readers what is a "useful discussion" under family law forum so that readers can follow them.

"It is not necessary to reply all the irrelevant postings and nothing or any postings should hurt anyone."

MY take: Kindly tell readers what is a "relevant" post and what is a "irrelevant posts" instead of generic terming all family law forum posts as "relevant and simultaneously taking another breadth and saying irrelevant" it does not bring out clarity at all so that readers can follow them.

"If it is mudslinging going on, then there is no point to be there, rather keep off from those postings." 

MY take: You are better person than me to know that COI has guaranteed "freedom of speech" and it is better to practice self restrain than creating a pack of crying wolfs on same topic which is what a sensible adult mature person does.

"Will revoking or diluting 498A, DV & other Acts/ laws reduce the dowry deaths and crime against women?"

MY take: First revoke and or dilute illustrated sections / acts / family laws and see the effects in larger public interests in both "genders" and or "persons" instead of crying only for "women" and "women" and a women becomes a women when there is a man in her life be it father, husband and or a brother so call women a gender and or person and not as a women in next posts.

"Should we only concerned about ourselves, if yes then is it justice?"

MY take: Many a authors have spoken gender neutrally, may be those posts have missed your micro eyes and yes a person is a selfish person and Darwin theory (survival of the fittest) is best as example here.

"Does it not show the self centeredness?  Is it only women who r misusing the laws? Is only men who r sufferers?"

MY take: Read Darwin's theory once again and both genders are equally suffering and it is not that only one gender suffers in family law, had not it been so then not all laws barring S. 24 HMA would not have been created for women.

"Whether innocent girls get killed brutally due to dowry, due to likes or dislikes, get tortured, let the domestic violence continue, let them go to hell or anywhere, but make us (women haters) safe and protect us and our interests, and allow us to do the things we want/wish that’s all we (women haters/bashers) want and our demand is?"

MY take: Now who is taking of only one gender and preaching readers to boycott family law forum posts, would have appreciated if gender neutrality would have come in this sentence. 

"We forget that women too belong to the same society and are not from any other part of universe."

MY take: women are from Venus and Men are from Mars is befitting illustration here and sufferings or happiness of either gender neither you can glorify nor a reader like me can comment all we both as opposites can do is to bring harmony by being gender neutral neither glorifying one at the cost of other is what makes sense in public forum and readers are not uneducated to guess that form any post threads.

"The kind of person we will be the kind of our daughters will be, as half of the genes comes from men. So, it is obvious that they surely will inherit some of the traits and behaviors of their fathers. So, are we not responsible?"

MY take: Many a readers posting under family law forum are son first then have destined to become fathers and many or husbands too and are responsible persons in their own way and you are not a appointed khap to decide on character and personality and responsibility meter of a father to his daughter and the remark of yours itself is far reaching "personal and direct comment to fathers here" English is naked language and meaning and interpretation changes dramatically to different father readers so kindly mind your own language while posting a thoughtful post on merits and demerits of family law forum.

"If there is “Lafanga” element in men then why should not we expect same in women also? But in spite of all we must remember and admit this fact that “The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them.”

MY take: Good to know your khap on supply chain management of good spouse and selective degrading comment on other person which itself shows your biasness and what you are cautioning readers here. Where is gender neutrality man here ? Calling men lafanga openly itself shows how biased you are towards men and to add lime and soda your preaching is totally opposite, be gender neutral man !

"Also just go thru’ the statements of these two great presidents of such an advanced country, in which they have shown their concern."

MY take: I have deleted these American takes as Family Law Forum posts are by Indians and for Indians and picking these American past presidents posts are not appreciated by a reader like me simple fact being that America has the most cruelest history till date as far as Family law is concerned and I suggest you brush up your own research on American Family Law first then post their vote bank speech of past presidents of America here to confuse readers. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register