LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niikhil C. Shirgaonkar (Self Employed)     04 October 2011

Release deed

Mr. A want to execute a Release Deed in favour of legal heirs of his deceased brother. However

neither the name of his brother nor his legal heir have been mutuated to the record of rights of

the said property. In this case can Mr. A execute the Release Deed without having the names of

concern person on record  or first he has to get the names of his decease brother and his heirs

to the land record of the said property and then execute a release deed.  Please opine..  


 3 Replies

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     04 October 2011

State whether the property self acquired property of A or ancestral property.

kumar t v s (advocate)     04 October 2011

Mutation of names of the transferee in revenue dept can be done subsequent to registration of release deed. if A's brother is a co-owner alongwith A, a release deed may be executed to transfer A's rights in favour of the LR's of A's brother. the LR's of A's brother will become owners of the entire property.   

Niikhil C. Shirgaonkar (Self Employed)     05 October 2011

Propertry in question is  ancestral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query