LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DrishyamDrishti (NA)     06 May 2016

Registration without husband's name


I got a plot under a scheme of government of UP. I have submitted the cost of the plot in the government office and the receipt is in my name. Now I need to get its registry done. I am being told that it is necessary to include my husband's name in the registry but I do not wish to have his name in the registeration. Is this possible ? Please suggest.


 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2016

By mere mention of name of husband he will not become owner.

The procedure is to write the identity of a married woman as W/o..................and D/o...........

1 Like

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     06 May 2016

1) No authority order u to include name of ur relative for registration purpose.

Please mentioned the fact so that we can guide u properly.

2) Consult local lawyer for further help.


1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2016

It depends on the scheme terms and conditions.  If it is through borrowed amounts, if the scheme stipulates that it should be in joint name, you have to follow the stipulation.  If there is no such stipulation, no one can force you to include any other name except for your identification purpose as replied earlier.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 May 2016

Registration cannot be done for more than one or joint names in UP. housing board. Plot registration rights on your name only. Husband name may ask you for identity purpose. So need to worry.

1 Like

DrishyamDrishti (NA)     30 April 2017

Thank you Sir for your reply

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 April 2017

Generally in case of housing accounts, the borrowed amount should be adequately covered for insurance, so that borrower's dependents, without borower's savings / salary may not be in a position to close the loan, and such hard earned residence must be put up to sale to repay the borrowing.   Further, every borrowed account (Infact he housing boards are availing group finance and take responsibility of repayment, without consent, property can not be disposed) must have co-obligant and banks prefer nearest legal heir, so when some uncertainity has taken place the claim insurance, get the nominee proper discharge and show the amount as repayment for housing loan, and the family can become owners of the property, without remitting the outstanding amount further.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads