LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh   02 January 2023

Registration sale deed in my name but patta in temple name

I'm from Chennai my housing  land.. owned it for 40 i want to transfer this in to my daughter name through will..  Documents of this land - registered sale deed in my name and patta title owner in temple name.. regularly in paying agricultural tax, house tax, electricity bill and all.. I consulted VAO he said you can make a will with tis registered sale deed.. but changing title owner on patta not possible..

But we purchase the land Under G.O.Ms in 1960 the state Government sanctioned the sale of the in-am land.

  • How to change patta to my name?
  • If any objection to patta name transfer temple land?
  • Any other way to solve this issue?



 1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 January 2023


You said that government of state has sanctioned the sale. So you can note your name in village record. Apply for name change in local village office. Thereafter you can execute registered will in your daughter's name. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query