LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK KUMAR (Proprietor)     14 July 2021

Registration of property with certified copies from court

Dear Sir,
I want to sell my property in salem. We have only a certified copy of property ownership from the local courts and also a decree for permenant injuction with a history of all details of ownership. The original documents, is not traceable which was maintained by my mother who died a couple of years ago. Can I sell the property on the basis of the certified copies of ownership, as I have all other documents such as payments of municipal taxes and patta in my name for the last 50 years plus. Can you please advise me how to go about the sale and registeration of the property. Thanking you in advance. Ashok Kumar

Read more at:


 1 Replies

Samridhi Sharma   29 July 2021

Thankyou for your query, Mr Ashok Kumar

I would like to let you know that you can definitely sell your property with just the certified copy of it. Original documents are not required for sale if you have certified copy of property. 

Although, you are required to reach to the nearest police station and lodge an FIR (First Information Report) for the original documents that are misplaced.

After that for further sale you are just required to find a suitable person who is willing to buy your property and form a contract related to sale of property.

For a new certified copy of the property you have to submit an application for the same mentioning the document date also to the sub- registrar office requesting a new copy of the current date.

I hope you find this reply helpful.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query