Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash   14 October 2017

Registration of land

Hello sir My name is prakash, and i am from hyderabad and my grandfather had three children and my father was third person. Few years ago my father was died, after that my grandfather died, and after death of my grandfather, elder brother my dad divided the land into three parts by writing an agreement stating each one us will get 14.2 guntas in 1 acre of land which was in the village at the time of death ceremony, but unfortunately the written agreement paper contain wrong survey number, now the two elder brothers of my father were expired and the land passbooks are missing. Is there any way to get the land passbook and how can i get registration on my name for the written notary of 14.20 guntas land.

 2 Replies

manoj   14 October 2017

If wrong survey number has been mentioned in the agreement of sale then a rectification deed of agreement has to be executed by the executants of the agreement of sale. But in your case some of the executants were died, so you have to file suit for rectification of survey numbers in the agreement. As per your query I hope it is not an agreement it is a Partition understanding contract between the family members. If it is not registered it cannot be looked into evidence for proving the document.




P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2017

The facts posted suggest that there was only an agreemnt, but no partition or settlement deed had been executed. The agreement had been of no legal significance, so is the mistake in the survey numbers therein. 

The legal heirs of the grandfather can execute a partition or settlement deed and carryout the mutation in the village records accordingly. The mutation would result in the new passbooks being issued.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query