LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujit Mathur   09 November 2019

Registration documents of property to be checked for mortage

Hi All,

I wanted some advice.My parents recently lost their dda original property papers.With great effort I had the certified copies made from DDA with regards to the property papers.There might be a chance that some family member may have misused the original papers and taken money against the property from a private moneylender or relatives.

How do I check ,incase such as activity has been done?

Which legal departments should I get checked incase there is some private agreement between two parties?

Some people have advised me that the notary records should be checked and the records of the sub registerar ?How do I go about doing this and does the notary and the sub registrar office provide some proof of the documents being checked ,for example a report or receipts.

Can anyone from the public domain go and check these records without a court order.

Would a stay order be advisible in these circumstances to prevent the misuse of the property.



 1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 November 2019

1. Visit offices of DDA /Municipal /Revenue depts., where the agreement were registered & lodged and request them to inform you whether any Mortgage /Lien has marked in their records.  IF yes, THEN apply and get a copy of the mortgage deed.  Private Financers etc.... have no such jurisdiction to claim in event of any dispute.  Do this preferably thru a local agent outside offices of DDA /Municipal /Revenue depts.

2. Publish Advocate's Notice in two local newspapers that property is not mortgaged to anybody and that nobody shall deal with such property without your written consent. Give same caveat /notice to DDA /Municipal /Revenue depts.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register