LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiv Kumar (Software Developer)     05 May 2011

Registering a property

I have a property that is self-earned. Can I re-register that property including one more person name? So after re-registring, the sale deed will show my name and also the included person's name. So, myself will be the executor and one of the claimant in the sale deed.  I am ready to pay whatever stamp duty prevails in my state. I don't want to propose gift deed or settlement deed.


 3 Replies

ambrish (service)     05 May 2011

Dear Shiv,

You can do so with the a nominal stamp duty of 4% and add a new person in the title deed.

We recommend to read a very nice book on this subject :

‘A legal guide on precautions before property purchase’ In Hindi Language.

Book is available at : Nirdaliya Publication, Mr. Kailash Shrivastav, F-35, South T.T. Nagar, New Market, Bhopal (MP) 09424443401, 07552772406



rohit jain (Legal Consultant)     05 May 2011


        you caan do

Balasubramanian (consultant)     05 May 2011

As it is not a settlement  or giift , the 4% tax may not be OK. To check the concerned district registar. Also there should be a consideration/transaction of money since it is a Sale dde.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query