LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   13 February 2021

Registered will revealed

My grand mother as made a registered will on my name (self acquired property )I don't have parents, my uncle came to know that about registered will from sub register office. My grand mother don't wanted to reveal the secret to him

Here my question is, is there any problem from my uncle side after my grand mothers death As he got will documents from x persons from subregister office?

please suggest me any on this? How to be safer side in future

Learning

2 Replies

Nandini Warrier   14 February 2021

Good evening,

Self acquired property refers to property earned by any person through their own money, and not through ancestral inheritance. Any one who owns such a property has absolute rights over it, and can do anything with the property as they wish. The legal heirs have no rights over that property, when the owner of the property is alive. If the owner passes away without a will, only then will the question of legal heirs inheriting the property come up. Since the property is your grandmother's self acquired property, she can do anything with it as she wishes to do so. She can give it to you, if she wants to, through a registered will, or a gift deed. No one can claim rights on a self acquired property. According to the will, the property will be considered as yours, after the passing of your grandmother. Your uncle will not be able to claim any rights over that property. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nandini

Nikhil SHETTY   14 February 2021

Very useful to me madam, Thanks for your advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register